Procedure for obtaining Duplicate Share Certificate from Housing Society

Procedure for obtaining Duplicate Share Certificate from Housing Society

In case of the Original Share Certificate is misplaced, lost or stolen, the complete procedure for obtaining Duplicate Share Certificate from Housing Society is given hereunder:


1. Initially, the member shall file FIR on plain paper with Local Police Station stating that the Original Share Certificate issued by the Society containing Five Shares pertaining to the member’s flat situated in the same Society has been misplaced, lost or stolen. The member shall keep an acknowledged copy of the FIR. The draft of such FIR is given hereunder.


2. The member shall make an application to the Society on plain paper that the said Original Share Certificate issued by the Society has been misplaced, lost or stolen and in lieu of which, a Duplicate Share Certificate be issued to him. An acknowledged copy of the FIR shall be attached with the application letter. The draft of such application is given hereunder.


3. The member shall submit an Indemnity Bond on Stamp Paper of Rs.200/- to the Society agreeing to indemnify the Society for all cost, expenses that with regards to the issue of a Duplicate Share Certificate. Original Indemnity Bond duly notarized shall be attached with the application letter. The draft of such Indemnity Bond is given hereunder.


4.On receipt of application, the Secretary shall call a Managing Committee Meeting and get its approval for issuance of Duplicate Share Certificate to the member.


5.. The Society thereafter shall issue a Public Notice in two Local News Papers as also shall affix a Notice on the Notice Board of the Society inviting objections within fifteen days with regard to the issuance of Duplicate Share Certificate in lieu of original one being misplaced/lost or stolen by the applicant member.


6.For issuance of Duplicate Share Certificate, the Society shall charge to the member the cost of issuance of Public Notice in News Papers before allotting a Duplicate Share Certificate.


7.If no objections are received within fifteen days from the date of issue of Public Notice as also after affixing the Notice on the Notice Board then the Society shall finally proceed ahead to issue a Duplicate Share Certificate.


**********


Application for lodging a FIR with Local Police station


From:


(Name, Address, Contact nos. & e-mail ID of member)


Date:


To,


The Police Officer in-charge,


Address (Local Police station)


Respected Sir,


Re: Loss of my Original Share Certificate


I, ___________________, the undersigned, am the registered member of _________________Co-operative Housing Society situated at _________________ I am residing in flat no. _________ in the said Society.


The said Society had issued me a Share Certificate no. ______________ dated _________ in original containing five shares of Rs. Fifty each bearing Nos. ______ to _______. I hereby further declare that the said Share Certificate in original has been misplaced, lost or stolen and is not traceable.


Sir, to avoid any misuse of my said Share Certificate in original, I seek your help and request you to kindly register my FIR in the subject matter as the same is required to enable the said Society to issue me a Duplicate Share Certificate for my record.


For your ready reference I enclose herewith a copy of ______________ as my ID proof. Please acknowledge receipt on the copy and oblige.


Thanks and regards


Yours Sincerely


(Signature & Name)


(Note: The member should get the copy of FIR duly signed by Police Officer in-charge with his name and designation, Police Station Address & Stamp.)


**********


Request letter from the member for issuance of Duplicate Share Certificate


From:


Date:


(Name, Address, Contact nos. & e-mail ID of member)


Re: Issuance of Duplicate Share Certificate.


To,


The Secretary,


Name & Address of the Society


Dear Sir,


I, ___________________, the undersigned, am the registered member of our _________________Co-operative Housing Society situated at _________________ I am residing in flat no. _________ in our Society and wish to state as under:


The said Society had issued me Share Certificate No. ______________ dated _________ containing Five Shares of Rs. Fifty each bearing Nos. ______ to _______ I hereby further declare that the said Share Certificate in original has been misplaced/lost or stolen and the same is not traceable.


I request you to please issue me Duplicate Share Certificate in lieu of original one with due formalities undertaken at the earliest.


I have already filed FIR with _____________ Police Station on _________________. I hereby submit an Indemnity Bond in original on Rs.200/- Stamp Paper duly notarized for your perusal.


I attach herewith the following documents for your perusal and action.


1. Copy of FIR.


2. Original Indemnity Bond on Rs.200/- Stamp Paper duly notarized.


Please acknowledge receipt on the copy of this application and oblige.


Thanking you,


Yours faithfully


(Signature & Name)


Encl: As stated.


**********


(Indemnity Bond duly notarized to be furnished by a member on stamp paper of Rs. 200/-).


INDEMNITY BOND


I, the undersigned _______________, am the registered member of our ____________Co-operative Housing Society Ltd., situated at ______________ I am residing in flat no. _________ in our said Society.


I hereby solemnly declare and affirm that I have purchased Five Shares of Rs. Fifty each of the above mentioned Society bearing Nos. ______ to _______ with its Share Certificate No: ________________ dated _________


I hereby further declare that the said Share Certificate in original issued to me by the said Society has been misplaced/ lost or stolen and the same is not traceable.


I hereby further state that I have not transferred the said Share Certificate to any other person/persons nor have created any charge or mortgage on it in favour of any bank, financing agency, employer or any other person or persons.


In consideration of the said Society issuing at my request a Duplicate Share Certificate, I do hereby undertake to indemnify the Society and bind myself, my legal heirs, executors and administrators to pay all claims, charges, costs, damages, demands, expenses and losses that may sustain/incur and liable to be paid to the said Society for the consequence of having complying with my above request.


I, _________________, the undersigned certify that the above facts are true to the best of my knowledge and enforceable under the governing laws of the land. I hereby undertake to surrender the Original Share Certificate to the Society if traced subsequently.


Deponent


(Signature, Name & Full Address)


Place:


Date:


Witness No.1


(Signature, Name & Full Address)


Witness No.2 Signature


(Signature, Name & Full Address)


**********

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Information regarding Share Certificate of Housing Societies

100 POINT SECURITY GUIDELINES TO CITIZENS IN HOUSING SOCIETIES

MEETINGS & MINUTES WRITING OF CO-OPERATIVE HOUSING SOCIETIES